|126 North 15th Street
Sebring, Ohio 44672
|Schools of Sebring, Ohio
|B.L. Miller School
Located at 506 West Virginia. Built with a 1967 bond issue and a
donation of $20,000 from Beatrice L. Miller, founder and head of the
Royal China Company.
|F.A. Sebring School
Built in 1949, it replaced the old South Side School. Located on West
Texas Avenue, it cost $150,000 to build.
Located on the northwest corner of Indiana Avenue and 17th Street. Built
for $20,000 in 1909 as a high school until McKinley was built. Currently
an apartment complex.
|Sebring McKinley High School
Original section built in 1914 as an elementary school. Became a high school in 1924. The
building had a number of expansions and renovations over the years. A bond issue in 1998
removed part of the structure and kept others, but added much more space to the building.
The original sports teams were called the Potters, later becoming the Trojans. Football games
were held at the racetrack, where Akenhead Field now stands. This was where horses and cars
also raced. The 1935 team claimed the first Tri-County league championship.
|Ohio Avenue School
Constructed in 1901 at a cost of $6,000. A one room three-year high
school, it enrolled 10 students in the first year. Building torn down in the
late 1930's. Before this school was built, classes were held in an old barn
over the Gray farm.
|First Graduating Class Ohio Avenue School, 1904
Gertrude Beggs, Gladys Lamborne Barkley, Ella B. Larkins
|Many class photos
are available at the Strand Museum.